Brendan Fraser fights back tears as TikTok fan reveals the internet is β€˜rooting’ for his Hollywood comeback πŸ’₯πŸ‘©πŸ’₯

Brendan Fraser was visibly moved after learning fans on social media are rooting for his major Hollywood comeback.

TikTok cosplayer @LittleLottieCosplay recently had a virtual meet-and-greet with the actor that has gone viral with more than 1 million views and counting, TheWrap.com reported on Tuesday.

In the video, the 52-year-old revealed he was gearing up for his upcoming project, “Killers of the Flower Moon.” The crime drama, which is being directed by Martin Scorsese, will also star Oscar winners Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio.

“I’m going to work with Scorsese and Leo (DiCaprio) and Bob De Niro,” said Fraser.

“I think I might be sick, I’m a little anxious,” he shared as he mimed biting on his fingernails nervously.

WHAT HAPPENED TO FORMER ‘MUMMY’ STAR BRENDAN FRASER?

However, the fan told Fraser that he “got this.”

“The internet is so behind you!” she assured him. “We’re so supportive. There are so many people out there who love you, and we’re rooting for you, and we can’t wait to see what you do next.”

Fraser, visibly choked up by the declaration, took a drink of water as he fought back tears.

“Shucks, ma’am,” said Fraser as he tipped his hat in gratitude.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

The outlet noted that Fraser has a growing following on social media. In 2018, he admitted to feeling blacklisted after he accused former Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Philip Berk of sexual assault in 2003.

β€˜The Mummy’ star Brendan Fraser is poised for what is being described as “a career Renaissance” after being absent from the big screen for more than a decade.
(Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty Images)

“I felt like someone had thrown invisible paint on me,” he told GQ.

After the claim went public, HFPA promised they would launch an investigation.

“The HFPA stands firmly against sexual harassment and the type of behavior described in this article,” their statement read, as quoted by the outlet. “Over the years we’ve continued a positive working relationship with Brendan, which includes announcing Golden Globe nominees, attending the ceremony and participating in press conferences. This report includes alleged information that the HFPA was previously unaware of and at this time we are investigating further details surrounding the incident.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

While Berk denied the claim to the outlet, the organization apologized to Fraser.

Following the incident, Fraser was absent from the big screen for more than a decade. However, the star has kept busy the last few years with FX’s “Trust.” Entertainment Weekly noted he appeared in the 2021 Steven Soderbergh film “No Sudden Move” and has been cast in a new movie by celebrated director Darren Aronofsky titled “The Whale.”

According to the outlet, “Killers of the Flower Moon” began production in late April 2021 and is expected to last through the summer.

Brendan Fraser fights back tears as TikTok fan reveals the internet is β€˜rooting’ for his Hollywood comeback

Get link

xoonews.com

websitetrafficnews.com