780 deaths is Russia’s highest daily death toll since pandemic began; more than 200 volunteers and workers test positive at vaccination site in Malaysia
- WHO says greed is driving vaccine disparities
- Dutch PM sorry for early reopening as France tightens Covid rules
- France mandates Covid health pass for restaurants and cafés
- ‘How long can Australia go on like this?’: what world thought of ‘feeble’ vaccine rollout
- UK coronavirus updates – live
That’s it from me today. Andrew Sparrow has our UK live blog. Mattha Busby will be here shortly to carry on with the latest coronavirus developments from around the world.
AFP have a look this morning at one of the stranger Covid regulations to come into effect around the globe – South Korea’s decision to limit what can be played in gyms based on the tempo of the songs.
The regulations, aimed at stopping gym-goers breathing too hard or splashing sweat on others, ban gyms from playing music with a faster tempo than 120 beats per minute during group exercises like zumba and spinning.
Coronavirus live news: Russia sets new record daily death toll; Malaysia closes vaccination centre after Covid outbreak