Queensland Covid-19: Seven new venues put on alert after mystery traveller tests positive 💥👩💥

Queensland Health has listed seven new coronavirus exposure sites in Brisbane after an unnamed country made contact to report a positive case.

A public health alert has been issued for new contact tracing sites at North Ipswich, Inala and at the Brisbane Airport, but little else is known.

‘Queensland Health has been notified by another country that a positive COVID-19 case detected overseas had been in the community prior to departure,’ Queensland Health said in an alert issued on Wednesday evening.

AAP has asked Queensland Health for more information, including how a case that was detected overseas could have escaped quarantine safety nets in Queensland.

A public health alert has been issued for new contact tracing sites at North Ipswich, Inala and at the Brisbane Airport (pictured)

Queensland Health has listed seven new coronavirus exposure sites in Brisbane

Queensland Health has listed seven new coronavirus exposure sites in Brisbane

NEW QLD EXPOSURE SITES

Riverlink shopping centre in North Ipswich – between 12.24pm and 1.10pm on July 9

– Kmart

– Vodaphone

– Telstra

– JB Hi-Fi

Club Services Ipswich – between 1.15pm and 2.15pm on July 9

Chac’s Grill Inala – between 7pm and 8pm on July 9

Brisbane Airport international terminal, Level 3 departures toilet – between 9.45pm and 10.15om on July 9

Queensland Health said it could not provide any further detail, and there might be a media conference about the matter on Thursday.

The new sites include Kmart, Vodaphone, Telstra and JB Hi-Fi outlets at the Riverlink shopping centre in North Ipswich between about 12.24pm and 1.10pm on Friday, July 9.

The alert also lists the Brisbane Airport international terminal ‘Level 3 departures, toilets in hallway near newsagency’ on the same day, between 9.45pm and 10.15pm.

Club Services Ipswich between 1.15pm and 2.15pm that day, and Chac’s Grill at Inala between 7pm and 8pm that same evening are too listed.

Earlier on Wednesday, the Queensland government said it would keep the NSW border open, saying the Greater Sydney lockdown was containing the city’s COVID-19 outbreak.

Deputy Premier Steven Miles said authorities were closely monitoring the situation, but there was no evidence of virus cases or positive sewage testing results north of Sydney.

‘Pleasingly the ongoing monitoring of sewage indicates that the outbreak there is largely contained to Greater Sydney, meaning that the restrictions in place in Greater Sydney may mean that we don’t yet need to put in place greater border restrictions here,’ he told reporters on Wednesday.

he new sites include Kmart, Vodaphone, Telstra and JB Hi-Fi outlets at the Riverlink shopping centre in North Ipswich (pictured)

he new sites include Kmart, Vodaphone, Telstra and JB Hi-Fi outlets at the Riverlink shopping centre in North Ipswich (pictured)

Queensland recorded one new case of Covid-19 detected in hotel quarantine on Monday. Pictured: Club Services Ipswich, which is now an exposure site

Queensland recorded one new case of Covid-19 detected in hotel quarantine on Monday. Pictured: Club Services Ipswich, which is now an exposure site

Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia have already closed their borders to NSW, but Queensland is only restricting entry for travellers from Greater Sydney.

Mr Miles said while Sydney’s lockdown is containing the outbreak for now, lifting restrictions there too early could cause Queensland to impose a hard border with NSW.

‘Obviously if NSW opted to lift those lockdown restrictions, well then we would need to reconsider,’ he said.

On Tuesday, Annastacia Palaszczuk told residents in NSW to return home while they still can.

Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia have already closed their borders to NSW. Pictured: People at Brisbane Airport

Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia have already closed their borders to NSW. Pictured: People at Brisbane Airport

She was direct with residents who are south of the border, saying she’s dealing with a volatile situation that could see Queenslanders shut out if the virus spreads.

Sydney residents have been told there’s next to no chance their lockdown will end as scheduled on Friday.

The state had 112 new local COVID-19 cases on Monday – the highest number since the current outbreak began. At least 46 of those cases were out in the community while they were infectious.

Ms Palaszczuk says she will do what’s necessary to keep Queenslanders safe and there are extensive discussions every day with health authorities in NSW.

Ms Palaszczuk urged Queenslanders in other states, like NSW and Victoria, to 'come home'. Pictured: People at Brisbane Airport

Ms Palaszczuk urged Queenslanders in other states, like NSW and Victoria, to ‘come home’. Pictured: People at Brisbane Airport

‘My message to Queenslanders is if you are in those areas, come home. I can’t be any clearer,’ she said on Monday.

Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said any spread of the virus outside the Greater Sydney lockdown area would be extremely worrying.

As the NSW situation worsens, Queenslanders had been preparing for an easing of restrictions that were introduced last month after simultaneous clusters emerged.

Queensland’s optimism had killed off community transmission has seen the state welcomed back into the trans-Tasman bubble.

‘The health risk from Queensland is now low,’ NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern previously said, as she announced quarantine-free travel from Queensland would resume at 11.59pm no Monday.

It is not clear whether the travel bubble has now been put on hold.

Queensland is optimistic that it has killed community transmission and has welcomed back into the trans-Tasman bubble. Pictured: People at Brisbane International Airport

Queensland is optimistic that it has killed community transmission and has welcomed back into the trans-Tasman bubble. Pictured: People at Brisbane International Airport

Meanwhile, the Queensland premier has defended a deal that will allow the NRL to move 12 clubs to southeast Queensland for the next two months, so the competition can continue.

The agreement will allow players to bring their families with them, something Ms Palaszczuk said would not pose a risk because the clubs will have exclusive use of three hotels.

‘They will be in their distinct hubs. It’s up to the NRL to police that, but we’ll be monitoring that very closely as well,’ the premier said.

Queensland has also snagged the third State of Origin match from Newcastle due to NSW’s ongoing health crisis.

Ms Palaszczuk said the game didn’t cost Queensland taxpayers a cent, but Gold Coast mayor Tom Tate has said the council had ‘skin in the game’ to secure the match but did not say how much.

He hopes it will provide a boost for hotels and hospitality venues hit by a snap, three-day lockdown just as school holidays began a fortnight ago.

Queensland is expecting a quiet day or so ahead on the vaccination front, with Health Minister Yvette D’Ath saying the state has very limited stocks, and they’re being reserved for people who need second doses.

But 64,500 doses are due to arrive on Tuesday, and 62,000 on Thursday, which should allow vaccination rates to ramp up again from Wednesday onwards.

Queensland recorded one new case of Covid-19 detected in hotel quarantine on Monday.

Queensland Covid-19: Seven new venues put on alert after mystery traveller tests positive

Get link

xoonews.com

websitetrafficnews.com