PR queen Roxy Jacenko has posted a fiery rant after receiving a letter from authorities about alleged work safety breaches.
Roxy Jacenko has attempted to shut down claims her PR empire has failed to follow Covid protocols after receiving a warning from authorities, labelling those who dobbed her in “imbeciles”.
The Sydney socialite and founder of PR behemoth Sweaty Betty said she’s simply “had enough”.
Ms Jacenko posted an image of a letter she received from SafeWork NSW outlining claims her business had allegedly ignored Covid rules.
“SafeWork NSW has been informed of an apparent work, health and safety issue,” the letter reads.
“Workers and others may be at risk in the workplace due to inadequate controls from biological hazards and to manage the risk of infection to Covid-19.
“Specifically it is being alleged that workers are not being allowed to work from home in line with the public health orders without consultation or a reasonably practical review being conducted.”
SafeWork said it would not be sending an inspector out but urged the business owner to review current measures.
“After receiving a complaint about COVID safety risks to staff at a Paddington business, SafeWork NSW has asked the owner to review those risks,” SafeWork said in a statement.
“SafeWork NSW and its inspectors are doing vital work to ensure workplaces across NSW are complying with COVID Public Health Orders, helping to keep the community safe.
“No further comment can be made at this time.”
Ms Jacenko shared a video alongside the letter, which showed her walking around her Paddington office donned with Covid Safe signs about mask wearing and very few employees inside.
“I have had enough. Running a small business is hard enough,” she said.
“Due to lockdown I have an empty office with over 20 (employees) working remotely (and) I am doing the work of at least four myself.”
She said her online team who helped ship products to three online stores were working in the office on shorter shifts because “products don’t send themselves”.
“I have had two visits from the police and now this letter. Enough now,” Ms Jacenko said.
“I wonder if I stopped paying the wages of these imbeciles who are making these reports of me, apparently flouting the rules, they might change their tune.”
Ms Jacenko told NCA NewsWire the business has four out of 30 staff at the office because their tasks cannot be done from home.
“To see experienced police officers and Safe Work resources being sent to us (office) and dedicating time to my operation, to check that we have masks on, is using resources that could be better used for law breakers,” she said.
“Personal opinions of an individual, no matter how unfounded, should be put aside for the greater good of the community and small business.”
Just two days ago, the PR queen shared a short tour of her working from home space at her Vaucluse mansion on social media.
Her simple desk features a phone stand, desktop computer, a photo of her two children, a flower arrangement and a feathered lamp.
The TV personality spoke publicly last year about the struggle to keep her business afloat during the height of the pandemic.
Last year, she said she lost 85 per cent of her clients due to the health crisis.
Her rant came moments before the Prime Minister announced a cash rescue plan for NSW workers and businesses as the Sydney outbreak continues to grow.
From Sunday, the Covid-19 Disaster Payment will increase from $500 to $600 per week if a person has lost 20 hours or more of work a week, or $325 to $375 each week if a person has lost between eight and 20 hours of work.
This will become a recurring payment for approved recipients for as long as the declared hotspot and lockdown restrictions remain in place.
Small and medium businesses will also receive cash support from Sunday for 40 per cent of their payroll payments, at a minimum of $1500 and a maximum of $10,000 per week, provided they don’t lay off staff.
Roxy blows up over Covid warning